Patrick

Patrick

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 2,920 posts
  • Website URL:http://pokemonvortex.org
  • Vortex:Patrick?

Pokémon Vortex v3

So as talk has been escalating around the forums, Facebook, Google+ and various other places, I can confirm I have been working on the next version of Pokémon Vortex but the speculations were wrong so I'll clear them up in this topic.
No; it is not v2, it's actually v3.
It's not definitely going to have live battle although I have been working on it.
There are in-game feature updates as well as bug fixes and optimized alterations.

The main point of this topic is to explain the biggest change you will see when it is complete and released...
While I know most of the forum members may not like this, there are thousands who have been waiting for it to happen, Vortex will be splitting into two games. 90% of the people who play Vortex know people automate battles with various software on their computers, only 10% of people actually do it, the other 90% don't know how, don't have any interest in doing so or just don't know it happens.
SO, the plan is to take v3 as a separate game for people who want to play the game properly, and appreciate the way it was built in purpose.
For all of you who play v1.8 will still be able to do so but you will not be able to take your Pokémon or accounts across to v3, you can continue playing with your automated software or the normal way on v1.8 or you can start a fresh on a whole new database with v3.
This topic is up for discussion but anyone posting irrelevant things or breaking forum rules will just be banned from the thread.

A few other updates for v3 are as follows:
(Updates are subject to change until release)
- In-game clans. (Team up with your friends and combine total Pokémon, wins, experience and more to run the best clan on Pokémon Vortex.)
- Battle status effects. (Things such as poison and burn will take effect in battle as well as the items allowing to heal them finally taking part.)
- New battle look. (Back sprites are currently in making to make it seem as if the Pokémon are facing each other when battling.)
- More Sidequests. (Sidequests are being completely re-done and pushed to hopefully the end but not confirmed yet. As well as this, it will now also give out prizes.)
- New Pokémon.
- Old features. (Some of the old features you once seen in v1 and v1.8 such as global rank and top Pokémon list will be restored.)
- Detailed Pokédex. (A new and much more detailed Pokédex is in progress for those who like to know everything about the Pokémon they're battling and/or catching.)
- New Layout. (A new black layout has been designed and implemented.)

These are some of the more definite updates that v3 will be seeing but they may be scrapped or changed over time.
To wet your appetites for this, here's a couple of screenshots of what's in progress:

Spoiler

Before Posting:

• Please do not ask when v3 is going to be released, I am a busy person and have many other things to do aside from Vortex but I do work on it in a lot of my spare time. It will be released as soon as I have finished it.
  • Do not just complain about the split of the game, have valid reasons for your opinion on the changes.
  • Follow the usual forum rules.

Patrick

Patrick

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 2,920 posts
Now that has been said, here is my personal opinion on the split of the game.
As an original player of Pokémon Crater and now designer of Pokémon Vortex which is intentionally a remake, I have a strong opinion that the change is one of the best for the game for many reasons I'll now explain.
For a start; playing Pokémon Crater without knowledge of any kind of automating software was probably the most fun I'd ever had on a game, strangely. I know it's just clicking and pointing but it has an addictive factor on a younger you as well as an older you. Once learning about automated software it slightly ruins the game knowing you can never reach the top because of the people who don't even want to play the game the way it was built to be played. It then goes further when you decide to use it yourself, you have no sense of achievement, nothing to gain and no interest in playing properly ever again.
In other words, it destroys the game personally for you and others around you. Not to mention the technical side of it how the people using these software methods are destroying the server by pinging the server at intense speeds.
Playing manually on the maps looking for legendary Pokémon and looking at the top trainer list knowing if you work hard at it, you can end up there with your own sense of achievement, it is a good feeling and I don't believe enough people are getting it on Vortex as it currently is.
The split has been requested more times than I can count and I have always agreed but never really fully wanted to go through with it until now.
v3 getting it's own fresh new database will dramatically increase the speed of the website as some of you may know v1.8 currently has 48 million+ Pokemon in the database and growing horribly over the days. I can no longer load it without a huge pause in which time I could probably cook dinner and have a quick sleep :huh:
A lot of the people on the forums may disagree with this idea but professionally and personally, I know it's a good idea.
For those who may complain, you still get to play but will be left on v1.8 if you insist on continuing to use automated software, it's being more fair than unfair since the people who don't automate the game outnumber the people who do. As for them having to start all over, I believe if they really enjoy the game, this won't be a problem.
Feel free to quote, agree and criticise my personal opinion.

Scott

Scott

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • AIM:To kill many, many people.
  • MSN:Ask.
  • PSN:DieMufuka
  • Vortex:The Alpha Quadrant
Probably the best update ever seen on Pokémon Vortex since the release date. I myself have nearly always used automated software but I feel this update will be a very positive update to every legit player who plays the game. After all, the legit players are the people who keep the site going. People who use automated software bring nothing to the game apart from a more costly server and a larger space in the database, I understand that people who do use automated software probably won't like the idea of this update because it actually requires effort.

I agree 100% with splitting the game, and I hope the community agrees.

robert reed says
armor...
ship armor i take it
<_>
- Patrick . says
no, a bulletproof vest designed for spacemen ;|

Posted Image

Tanish Mishra

Tanish Mishra

Advanced Member

• Newbies
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • AIM:no
  • MSN:no
  • Website URL:http://no
hii patrick

what would happen to v1.8 if v3 is relesed . u will deleate 1.8 ??? :(

Scott

Scott

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • AIM:To kill many, many people.
  • MSN:Ask.
  • PSN:DieMufuka
  • Vortex:The Alpha Quadrant

hii patrick

what would happen to v1.8 if v3 is relesed . u will deleate 1.8 ??? :(

Please read the full post before posting. Patrick made it clear in his original post what would happen when the game is split.

For all of you who play v1.8 will still be able to do so but you will not be able to take your Pokémon or accounts across to v3, you can continue playing with your automated software or the normal way on v1.8 or you can start a fresh on a whole new database with v3.

robert reed says
armor...
ship armor i take it
<_>
- Patrick . says
no, a bulletproof vest designed for spacemen ;|

Posted Image

Mr_Awesome

Mr_Awesome

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Vortex:QUIT.....
I absolutely agree with the idea and looking forward to it, i wish my old friends who quit because of those automated soft wares were still around. They really enjoyed battling :P :D

Spoiler

Posted Image
Spoiler

:) Thnx xxrapiidsxx for the awesome sigs :)

triple s

triple s

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Vortex:the streak
i fully accept this new update and eagerly waiting for it

Kirbeh

Kirbeh

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • MSN:sonic-fan-1@hotmail.com
  • Website URL:http://www.blufort.net
  • PSN:DjKirbeh
  • Xbox Live:MrKirbeh
  • Vortex:Kirbeh
I have barely even posted on the forums, and I can't wait to jump right in!

I've been with Vortex since it was a wee baby, (I've lost so many accounts.).

Hopefully, V3 launches as planned :)

Posted Image

Shivankur98

Shivankur98

Roses are red Sky's are blue...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
Nice :lol:
just wanna clarify if auto battles are not allowed
than wll the prices of unobs and other thing will be low ?

Posted Image

GIFTS:D
thanks a lot nomiz for this ultimate gift <3

Wanna learn hope graphic stuffs or need to improve with tons of resources come here GFXR

when ever i am sad i look at you all it makes me happy

[Posted Image

Posted Image
^Click for my deviantart

Clairvoyance

Clairvoyance

Tyrogue will beat you up like this!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,415 posts
  • Vortex:blueryu55
Are you going to ensure that people can't 'train' the same way as they do now in v3?

manohar reddy

manohar reddy

• Newbies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Vortex:m@nohar
Wow good work patrick but i hope v 3 will release in mobile too and all facilities like messages will also be available

Hadi

Hadi

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
  • MSN:hadisuper@hotmail.com
  • PSN:DestinyHadi
  • Vortex:RK1
Q1: How can you keep control of people using automated software if they try to use it in v3?
Q2: Would the forums would be the same for both games? If yes, There's gonna be a major conflict in the Trades and In-Game Contests thread because half the people would be playing v1.8 and the other half would play v3, In this case, I would recommend to be a seperate section for the trade and in-game contests in both v1.8 and v3.

Generally speaking, The idea's not bad.

16 membro(s), 86 visitante(s) e 0 membros anônimo(s)
OwO

Posted Image
Who's the biggest faggot of them all?

My Team:

[spoilerbox]

[/spoilerbox]

Giratina

Giratina

Amazing Here~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • MSN:Amazing_vba@hotmail.com
  • Yahoo:Yahoooo
  • Ping Chat:Amazing
  • PSN:Didn't Sign UP
  • Xbox Live:Didn't Sign up
  • Vortex:VampireV
This is awesome Patrick , i have been waiting for this for a very long time :D , i have a question about v3 , will unob's be cheaper as it would be extremely hard to make 1 Bil Money normally.

To Hadi:Patrick will most likely use cach code's or anti-m@cr0 bot's and i suggest who uses automated software's to be banned

Posted Image

Credit to MadMax..

Amazing Here~

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Credit To Sparrow for the awesome Mewtwo Spite's.

Patrick

Patrick

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 2,920 posts

Nice :lol:
just wanna clarify if auto battles are not allowed
than wll the prices of unobs and other thing will be low ?

Most likely, you can't charge 1 billion experience if no one has it can you?

Are you going to ensure that people can't 'train' the same way as they do now in v3?

I will do my best to block it from the start then keep a close eye on the rising accounts.

Q1: How can you keep control of people using automated software if they try to use it in v3?
Q2: Would the forums would be the same for both games? If yes, There's gonna be a major conflict in the Trades and In-Game Contests thread because half the people would be playing v1.8 and the other half would play v3, In this case, I would recommend to be a seperate section for the trade and in-game contests in both v1.8 and v3.

Generally speaking, The idea's not bad.

1) Answer is above
2) The forums will be primarily v3 and v1.8 topics will be put into sub-forums, that's not confirmed yet but something similar will take place.

AeZero

AeZero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
In hearing this, I find v3 a new era which I will truly enjoy in. Since, I had my account reset-ed weeks back this will do.
Thank you, Patrick
I think I'm starting to understand you well now,
I feel you and to everyone:
God bless, and have a nice day!

" In the name of God, impure soul of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation, Amen. "
AeZeroAlucardSignature.jpg
| | ™ | A e Z e r o | ™ | A e Z e r o | ™ | A e Z e r o | ™ | A e Z e r o | ™ | |
AeZeroFadeAlucardStyleSignature.jpg
| | ™ | A e Z e r o | ™ | A e Z e r o | ™ | A e Z e r o | ™ | A e Z e r o | ™ | |
"Have a look at my Trade Thread HERE."

Giratina

Giratina

Amazing Here~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
I suggest to ban anyone who uses automated software program's also what will happen to the event unob's such as Rotom (Halloween) and Caterpie (Christmas)
Also will the chat work for Pokemon Vortex V3

Posted Image

Credit to MadMax..

Amazing Here~

Patrick

Patrick

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 2,920 posts

In hearing this, I find v3 a new era which I will truly enjoy in. Since, I had my account reset-ed weeks back this will do.
Thank you, Patrick
I think I'm starting to understand you well now,
I feel you and to everyone:
God bless, and have a nice day!

Glad to hear it, I know a lot of other people feel the same too and they look forward to the change.

I suggest to ban anyone who uses automated software program's also what will happen to the event unob's such as Rotom (Halloween) and Caterpie (Christmas)
Also will the chat work for Pokemon Vortex V3

The previous events will be put back on but will have no prizes however you will be able to obtain the badges, the Pokémon that were given out for them will be released in future events at the respected times.

goren333

goren333

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • MSN:armitage_kevin@hotmail.com
Well, v3 is needed, but unfortunately I will have to quit. I don't have the time to legit play lol. Work and school.
Might I suggest v1.8 just get closed. You are paying for a server that will not be used, storing tons of junk which sooner or later will render itself useless. Just go balls to the wall with v3.

Posted Image

Thanks Snivvys for the sig :D

Unob Quest: HERE

Giratina

Giratina

Amazing Here~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Glad to hear it, I know a lot of other people feel the same too and they look forward to the change.

The previous events will be put back on but will have no prizes however you will be able to obtain the badges, the Pokémon that were given out for them will be released in future events at the respected times.

Will anyone who uses automated software's be banned

Posted Image

Credit to MadMax..

Amazing Here~

Gary~

Gary~

yolo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts
  • Vortex:Garold
Will there be any future updates on v1.8? Because the way i see it v3 is a completely new game and is completely different and separate to v1.8, also will we have to make new accounts in v3 or will our v1.8 ones be linked in a way, like you'll have a v1.8 stats and a v3 stats on the same account.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 membro(s), 2 visitante(s) e 0 membros anônimo(s)